Your UNM affiliation (faculty, staff, or student) gives you access to the goto.unm.edu URL shortener. You will be prompted to login with your NetID and password.
Why shorten a URL?
- Customized goto.unm.edu domain identifies UNM affiliation.
- Shorter URLs are easier to share on social media.
- Shorter URLs are more appealing in print media.
- Reduce typically long URLs to more concise links.
- Customized URLs are easier to remember than most default URLs.
From > https://unm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7345/
To > https://goto.unm.edu/skype-info
From > http://news.unm.edu/news/groundbreaking-national-study-supports-enhanced-uses-of-writing
To > https://goto.unm.edu/writing-study
From > https://policy.unm.edu/university-policies/index.html
To > https://goto.unm.edu/bigred
How to use goto.unm
- Login here.
- Enter the URL for the site. (ex., http://unm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/ a_id/7345/)
- Enter the Custom short URL you've selected, similar to replacing the filename without the html extension (ex., skype-info). The name should be a relevant description of the contents.
- Click Shorten The URL. The shortened URL will be created
(ex., https://goto.unm.edu/skype-info). If your name choice is already in use, try another.
Bonus! Create a QR Code.
After you've created a shortened URL, just type it into your favorite browser and add .qr (ex., goto.unm.edu/skype-info.qr), the QR code will appear, then right-click to save.
If you have a question, or have a UNM domain to add to the shortener, go to help.unm.edu, or phone 277-5757, and open a service request.